Wednesday 19 December 2007

Class Christmas Party and Dane's report



Dane's class at school had their Christmas Party today; and it was totally cute as. Yep that is my genius son sitting inside a washing basket in his classroom... it's a boy thing, right? They had an absolute ball handing out Secret Santa gifts and feasting on the most incredible array of food. I love how much pleasure kids take in the little things... (like washing baskets) Lydia also had a total blast, and the kids were so great about including her, and the other younger siblings who attended.
Actually today has been completely mental. I woke up at 5 to 9 this morning; swore at the clock... (always a pleasant start to the day) then just decided that if Dane was going to be late for school then a few minutes extra wouldn't make much difference, so I jumped in the shower for a quick wash before getting him and Lydia out the door and into the car for school (even managed to give Dane some toast on the way) Was completely impressed to be at school by 10 past 9 - only 10 minutes late - NOT BAD!

Okay; so I dropped him at school, filled in a late pass, then threw Lydia back in the car and off to Kmart to grab a few things for Mum to give as Christmas gifts, had a quick coffee with my hubby (have I mentioned that I LOVE having him work at our local store now?), stopped at the grocery store, then back home to finish up Dane's teacher's gift, cook up some pizza and pies for the party and back at the school by 12.
We (Lydia and I) stayed for the hour long party then back home to finish a few things here, back to school by 2:30 for a Parent Helper's Afternoon Tea, then picked up Dane and bought the kids home. Where I am now taking five minutes out to upload some of my fave pics from today. I have an AWFUL head cold, which apparently Wendy sent me via the net from the UK (probable, right?) and I want to crawl into bed and sleep til next week, but it is hot and muggy and Andrew is working late again tonight, so that's not happening.

On another note Dane brought home his report card tonight and I'm pretty proud of him. He has improved in all areas that were mentioned last semester (namely, listening and focussing on the task) and though he still has a ways to go with those things he has made an effort and I am totally pleased by that. He also got a B in reading; which means he is about 6 months ahead of state expected level and I am SO PROUD of the effort he's making.

3 comments:

Kate said...

hey dee

far out! it only took you 15 minutes to get yourself and two kids ready and off to the school? it takes me about 15 minutes just to think about what i would do in that situation haha. i dont know how you can sleep til 8.55am with 2 kids!!!

it sounds like you had a lovely productive day though. the end of year party sounds a blast and the food looks delish!
p.s. keep that photo of dane in the basket and when he is 21 tell him you always knew he was a basket-case haha
xox

Anonymous said...

wow Dee you have been so busy! Love the pics of the kids; they're growing up so fast. Miss your smiling face and your beautiful babies.

Have a wonderful Christmas hun; it's snowing over here(my first WHITE Christmas.lol, though I kinda miss the Melbourne heat) Sel is totally in love with Pickle's dress ;) and sends you all her love and big hugs.
Matt

Wendy said...

I agree, wow it took you 15 mins to get out the door!!! you have to tell me how to do that!!! lol!!!