Sunday 27 January 2008

But wait there's more!

Good morning lovely people. Another few LO's to share. At the moment CIS is having a bit of an impromptu party while the Boss Girl is away for the long weekend. The DT girls have set a few challenges and it's all a bit of fun - so head on over. Lizzy has challenged us all to chose a sketch from the CIS Stylish Sketch Blog (check it out here) This particular challenge is a pretty good one for me - cos I've been using the sketch blog a WHOLE lot lately. There are loads of sketches on there, a bunch of CISters have contributed to the sketches and there are samples of every single one. Perfect inspiration spot for when the Mojo has left the building. (Gosh, I sound like an AD!)
PS2 is my entry to that challenge. It's based on one of the older sketches - called Creative Bliss - by Jolene. The Balinese show pics were really hard to scrap - scrapping night time photos is tough, cos you wanna use dark colours, but that invariably makes the whole page too dark. So I'm not real happy with this LO - but at least the pics are scrapped. If you've got ANY tips for scrapping night time pics, please share them :)

The techno babe LO is probably my current fave - simply cos I finally got around to scraplifting the very talented Karen Brierley. Karen regularly uses the negatives from her chipboard alphas, and they look ace. This is such a great way to get more outta your scrapping dollar - so that's got to be a good thing. The Last LO here is for the monthly dare also over at CIS. The challenge is to use a style of handstitching on yur LO that you've haven't put to paper before. I have been summarily un-daring in stitching on LO's, so for me I had the pick of pretty much ANY stitch.. and true to style I stayed boring and went with cross stitch ;)

Once again, thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

KarenB said...

Dee, I love your layouts and I love that you're finding some time for yourself to get scrapping :) Thank you so much for your kind comments.
xx

Sandie said...

Gidday Dee, I noticed you are intersted in one of my stamps ...........cool as.............I will need to contact you somehow.......are you able to send me an email from my blog.........ta.......luv Sandie

Scrapbooking 4 Less said...

Dee your Layouts are very inspiring.

I'll be sure to drop back and check out some more of your Gorgeous work.

Take Care,
Shelley
www.scrapbooking4less.com.au
Check out our Forum!

fleurie said...

great LO's dee
you have been busy

love the chipboard idea..i would never have thought of that