Thursday 4 October 2007

School Holiday Antics

Well the two weeks of school holidays are almost over and most of the holidays I haven't really been up to doing much with Dane. Today, in an effort to make up for a complete lack of attention I took him and his best mate Sami to the Melbourne Museum.


They had an abolutely wonderful time; it's such a great place for kids, and cos I promised Kate I would; here are a few of the pics I took. The dinosaurs were naturally the main feature for the kids, but Dane was really impressed by Phar Lap too. They also have an awesome kids room with hand puppets and a sand table set up with these 'fossils' in them for the kids to 'discover'. It's so cool!



After the museum we headed over to the Hard Rock Cafe for a very late lunch. Love this place; such good value and the kids were just so impressed by all the memorabilia. The kids menus there are designed to be coloured in, so they happily sat with some crayons (yay! still not too big for crayons!) They also got to keep the cups that their drinks came in, which they were pretty stoked with. Then back on the train to head home. I got the coolest pic of Dane on the train, so I really wanted to share it with you. Full credit to these boys; I have no voice at the moment and they were so good.

3 comments:

Manon Keir said...

Good to see you and the boys had such a great time!! I agree, great pic there!! Hope you're taking it easy sweetheart
Manon xx

Kate said...

ewww you let dane touch public transport seats?! haha just kidding. looks like you had a great day- see you ARE one of those great mums that does things with their kids on the school holidays ;) the muesum looked awesome, definately something the boys would have enjoyed :)
much love xo

Delta said...

Hey Dee,
Sounds like you had a really fun day. I really love the look of the museaum. Being a country kid i never get to see great things like that (unless they were school excusions and even then they were crap ones). Looks like the boys had fun. Your never to old to use crayons lol. I want a colour in menu lol. Have a great one girly!
Love always,
Nae xoxoxo