Sunday 12 August 2007

Rockin' Girl Blogger

Well thanks Lizzy girl, I'm much chuffed to be named as a Rockin' Girl Blogger. hehehehe Very flattering.

I don't know how many people I'm supposed to pass this forward to, but if Karen Brierley (ooh did I spell that right???) or Rach Merrich happen past - then I'm nominating you guys as Rockin Girl Bloggers. Love both your blogs.

The CIS CC is on this weekend and once again Jolene has set some awesome challenges. I've still got to get to Challenge one - which is to use a 6 x 8 or larger pic on a page with 4 or more pps and some chipboard. But I have finished the other two; so here they are for anyone who wants to check em out. Challenge 2 is the first one - needed four or more pics no bigger than 2 x 3, paint (used for something OTHER than colouring embies) scrapped in a minimalistic LO. Challenge 3, the second LO, was a sketch challenge, but we needed to create out own oversized embie and use it too.. LOVE this sketch. These gorgeous papers are courtesy of Bizzy Becs - just adore the colours.

The final layout I want to show is my submission to the second round of Embellished IDOL. OMG OMG OMG I GOT THROUGH ROUND ONE!!!!!!! So excited about that. For round two we had to use one or two paint strips (which couldn't be cut into single colours), and scrap using only colours from those strips, (small amounts of black and white allowed) We also had to include a title and journalling. I tried to layer the flowers so that as they moved up the strips they got smaller and lighter. Hope it worked okay - I'll keep you posted, although I'd be pretty surprised if I got through this round, there are some AMAZING layouts once again in the gallery, and as the rounds continue it's only gonna get tougher!

3 comments:

KarenB said...

Thanks heaps for nominating me Dee :)

And I love your CC layouts too. Gorgeous work.

Liz Weber said...

Hey there Rockin' Girl Blogger - glad you got some scrapping done this weekend woohoo. Loving your CC layouts and I just love what you did with those paint strips - that worked out really well and love that colour combo. Doesn't Lydia look happy with her book.

Good Luck with round two Dee.

Anonymous said...

hey dee

congrats on making it thru to round two. the scholar' lo is sooo pretty. nice work!

pickle is so cute!
love ya!