Wednesday 5 November 2008

First day of Chemotherapy

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY - TODAY IS MY DAD'S 45TH BIRTHDAY!!! Happy Birthday to the most Amazing man I know; I love you so much Dad and really hope today is special for you... actually I want for every day to be special for you.
_________________________________________________

Apparently I am scheduled to start chemotherapy today. This will be done on the ward, so I don't have to go anywhere, but I have been hooked up to a drip all day waiting for them to start putting something through the line which isn't saline. I am either going to be a very patient person by the time this is all finished, or slowly rocking in a corner somewhere having gone completely insane! I'm a little cross at myself for not having a camera here today - I must make sure I get a pic of myself with all these lines in at some point; it seems to be the kind of pic everyone has to have, right? lol... will ask someone to bring a camera in soon. I have also discovered a littl espot on this computer that allows me to insert an SD card direct into the computer so I can start uploading pics.
I won't type much today - the action is quite uncomfortable when you have a needle into the top of your hand, but I wanted to report that all my blood counts are up, which is a VERY GOOD THING, so I have been approved to start chemo.
Basic stats on the chemo for those who are interested; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacarbazine I do apologise for using wikipedia as a source of information for you, but I did say basic stats, and it saves me typing out what little I know.
Will report back tomorrow with a progress report, but for now I am really quite drowsy, so I might have a little nap while I wait.

Loving you all, and really looking forward to getting home and sharing some time with all of the people who are supporting me. Definitely missing all you beautiful SS girls, but you will be proud to know that I have been spending time today getting all finances in order for dh so that he can continue living the SS way while I am in hospital or even at home unwell. The next plan is to get started on making some Christmas presents, so I have had some stuff brought in from home so that I can get to work on a bit of that. Hard becuase of limited energy levels, but little by little I'll get there - and now I know how to share pics, I'll show you all what I am creating.

4 comments:

Kate said...

hey dee!! you are so patient already! the patient patient hehe get it?! haha. glad you have worked out how to get photos on the comp looking forward to seeing them as i know someone who wants to make you something special :) hang in there gorgeous mwah

Anonymous said...

Day 1,
and hopefully you are tucked up, having a snooze without too many interruptions.
Will be checking regularly.

Big hugs.
Figgy.
XX

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee,
Kate is my cousin and she sent me your blog to read because she knows im a christian and i go to/work at Hillsong Church in sydney. I'm going to pray for you and believe that you will be healed and made whole according to His word.
if you want to chat or need anything my email is bec.mooney@hillsong.com

Bless you,
Bec

Ginny said...

happy birthday dee's dad :0)

glad to hear the blood counts up and hope the chemo doesn't knock you around tooo much :0)

ginny