Monday 24 November 2008

My hair is fallin' out

Well, they said I wouldn't lose it... they lied. My hair is falling out in big chunks at the moment and it is really annoying. I'm not particularly worried about being bald; realistically it's no big deal, but as my hair thins it's just everywhere!

So with that in mind, I thought I'd post some pics from last weekend, among the last you'll see of me with my own hair for a while. Haven't decided yet if I'll be getting a wig or a bandana or anything; I guess we'll wait and see.


My energy levels are still insanely low - I had to have three units of blood transfused on Friday because of a low haemoglobin count, and my platelts are not behaving either, so I'm really hoping that this is all okay for Friday which is when my next round of chemo is scheduled for. I'll make sure someone let's you know if all that goes ahead. The next lot of tests, to see if this is working, are scheduled for three weeks after this round of chemo; basically, before we go again. Fingers crossed and prayers being sent that this round makes some big changes; this stuff has made me feel so crappy that it's GOT to have done something!
Love n hugs
Dee

8 comments:

Kate said...

hey chooky

love those photos of you with the kids :) shame about your hair coming out, it would be annoying finding it everywhere. just go with the flow and see what makes you feel comfortable in regards to the wig etc. love you lots xox

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee,
Blast about the hair!

Lovely photos with the little ones.

Figgy
XXX

Anonymous said...

PS Forgot to say Rachel posted this morning to say she will not need a fat dress for wedding on Saturday.
She is off to have the bub, thought you might like to know. ;)
Figgy
XX

Anonymous said...

lovely fotos, Dee!

KarenB said...

Thinking of you as always Dee, sending you my very best wishes, hugs and prayers.

Have you heard the song "I am not my hair?" by India Arie? It's all about how you are the same person with or without your hair... too true

xx

Ginny said...

great pics Dee...

I have a gf with alpopecia (sp?) and loves the excuse to not have a bad hair day...wigs when cold and bandannas in summer :0)

Anonymous said...

Andrew is so going to love you with a brazilian!!!

Love ya xx

Anonymous said...

Just trying to figure out this blog stuff, missing you my sunshine and love those pics. The one with you and your dad and the kids in the background is beautiful. Sweet dreams at Peter Mac tonight and hope I can visit you tomorrow at home. Love you xoxox